Public launch of the research program Global foresight
Plats: Stockholm University, Score, Frescativägen 14A
Welcome to the public launch of the research program Global foresight: Anticipatory governance and the making of geo-cultural scenarios. Please register before August 10.
Please join us in the celebratory and informative public launch of this new research program, funded by the Swedish Foundation for Humanities and Social Sciences, devoted to the investigation of how global foresight organizations attempt to anticipate the future, how scenario models are produced, and what they tell us about proposed solutions for tackling urgent global challenges.
The launch will feature a presentation of the program and researchers involved, a thematic panel discussion, a short film and, not least, the celebration of Global foresight: Anticipatory governance and the making of geo-cultural scenarios.
The topic of the panel is "Looking into the Future: Organizations, Global Challenges and Utopias". Panelists include:
- Kristina Persson (former Minister of Strategic Development, Government of Sweden)
- Johan Hassel (CEO of the think tank Global Utmaning)
- Jan Sturesson (World Economic Forum delegate, formerly senior executive at PwC)
- Nicklas Bergman (advisor to the TechCast Technology Think Tank in Washington DC)
- Douglas Holmes (Professor of Social Anthropology, University of Binghamton).
Please find information about the research program here: www.su.se/global-foresight
For more information, please contact project leader Christina Garsten email@example.com.
To sign up for attendance, please contact project assistant Júlía Birnudóttir Sigurðardóttir firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept registration until August 10.
8 augusti 2016
Webbredaktör: Lina Lorentz
Sidansvarig: Socialantropologiska institutionen