University of Edinburgh - Postdoctoral Fellowships and Bursaries 2017-18
Deadline: April 30
Applications are invited for postdoctoral bursaries from candidates in any area of the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
IASH provides an enviable location in one of the world’s most intellectually inspiring cities, together with a dynamic network of international connections.
Home to the Scottish Enlightenment, Edinburgh has a rich cultural heritage of scholarship and creativity that continues to the present day. In this haven of libraries and archives, galleries and music venues – all set amid iconic architecture – IASH takes the humanities beyond campus to engage the public and work with organisations in a variety of different sectors.
The Institute welcomes visiting researchers from across the world. Since 1970, over 1000 Fellows have stepped through our doors. Up to 30 researchers are in residence at any one time in our amazing–and eclectic–eighteenth century building just on the edge of the University’s central campus, boasting views of The Meadows.
From upwards of 65 countries, IASH Fellows form a global alumni community, and many career-long connections begin at the Institute.
In short, a 2017-2018 IASH Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
- Research visit at the University of Edinburgh for three to ten months
- Bursary* of up to a maximum of £10,000
- Dedicated office space and University e-mail and library access
- An allocated University mentor from an area relevant to the Fellows’ research interests
- Weekly Fellows’ Lunch to build community
- Collegial work-in-progress seminar series for testing new ideas
- Calendar of engaging events at the Institute and College
- Opportunities to participate in and design funded workshops, colloquia etc at the Institute
15 december 2016
Webbredaktör: Lina Lorentz
Sidansvarig: Socialantropologiska institutionen