15 PhD positions within Critical Heritage Studies announced
The “CHEurope” project is a PhD training program supported by the EU under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) - Innovative Training Networks (ITN). CHEurope is the result of a collaboration between universities and heritage institutions in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Belgium and Italy.
CHEurope focuses on developing a new integrated theoretical and methodological framework to enhance the academic and professional training and open future job opportunities in cultural heritage preservation, management and promotion. Bringing together a network of key European academic and non-academic organisations, the project will explore the processes by which heritage is ‘assembled’ through practice-based research in partner institutions that connect students to their future job markets and publics.
The aim is to inform more conventional aspects of cultural heritage designation, care and management with a strong focus on present and future consumers. The program is based on themes where cultural heritage is undergoing profound change, such as Heritage Futures, Curating the City, Digital Heritage, Heritage and Wellbeing and Management and Citizen Participation.
The program will start in April 2017. It offers 15 PhD positions in various fields of cultural heritage for a duration of 36 months.
Closing date for applications: 16 January 2017
CHEurope will train 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) under five themes:
- Theorizing heritage futures in Europe: heritage scenarios - University College London [UK], University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) [PT] (2 PhD positions)
- Curating the city: trans-disciplinary perspectives in urban settings - University of Gothenburg [SE], University of Amsterdam [NL], University of Hasselt [BE], Istituto Beni Culturali Regione Emilia Romagna [IT] (4 PhD positions)
- Digital heritage: the future role of heritage and archive collections in a digital world - University of Gothenburg, University College London, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas [ES], University of Utrecht [NL] (4 PhD positions)
- Heritage and wellbeing: migration and dislocation - University of Gothenburg, University College London (2 PhD positions)
- Heritage management and citizen participation in a multi-cultural world - Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, University of Amsterdam (3 PhD positions).
2 december 2016
Webbredaktör: Lina Lorentz
Sidansvarig: Socialantropologiska institutionen